FARR Needs Your Help
Once Off Gift
Should you wish to make a once off donation to FARR, this is the option for you! We are aware that many potential donors would like to have the freedom to support a range of charities. We support your choice to help across the board. Your donation will be used where it is needed most in the Foundation. Please use the “Once off gift” link to your right to use our online portal to make a secure donation. We appreciate your support!
Should you wish to obtain a tax receipt for your donation, please email us. We will keep you informed of our news and updates, as and when they occur.
This package is intended for members of the public or Corporates that would like to be a regular supporter of FARR and the work we do. Your monthly donation will ensure that we can budget and plan for upcoming projects, salaries and the general running of the Foundation with greater confidence. Please contact us so that the arrangements can be made. We appreciate your long term support!
What we offer in return:
This package is intended for members of the public or corporates that would like to be a regular supporter of FARR and the work we do, but would prefer to make a yearly donation instead of a monthly donation. This is often used by individuals or companies that would like to donate on behalf of their family or company as part of a Christmas gift. Please contact us so that the arrangements can be made. We appreciate your long term support!
What we offer in return:
- You will become a Friend of FARR (if you are individual) or be highlighted in our Donor Spotlight section.
- We will keep you updated of our news, send you a copy of our Annual Report and invite you to our AGMs.
- Should you wish to use your donation Christmas gift – we have a special brochure you may use. Please email usand we will customise it for you.
Should you wish to obtain a tax receipt for your donation, please email us.
Donate to a Specific Project
This package is intended for those individuals or companies that would like to donate towards a specific project within FARR, whether this is a once off donation, a monthly donation or an annual donation. Please contact us to such that the arrangements can be made.
What we offer in return:
Corporate Social Responsibility Package
This package is specifically intended for companies or corporates that would like to donate to FARR as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility initiative. Every company is unique and has specific guidelines to follow – so this package will be bespoke and tailored to your specific needs. FARR is able to assist you to design a package suited to your organisation’s needs and to secure a possible partnership on a specific project. Please contact us for more information
Where will my donation go?
Running a Foundation is extremely expensive. When FARR is fortunate enough to win a grant or get some form of public, social or corporate funding, all of this funding is expected to go directly into the research or prevention projects that we run. Unfortunately, there are many other costs for us to carry such as administration, financial audits, upkeep of our buildings and motor vehicles, and many other day to day costs that all add up. The cost to examine and diagnose an infant or child with FASD alone amounts to approximately R2500 per child.
Should you choose to donate to FARR, not only will your money help with our research, diagnosis and prevention, but it will also aid in our day-to-day running costs. It is important for us to ensure that the communities in which we work have ongoing care, even when we are not there. Your donations will also aid in the purchase of items such as Occupational Therapy tools, educational books and toys for the children to read and play with, feeding schemes, school uniforms, Healthy Mother Health Baby Programme © etc.
As an NGO, we do understand all too well the financial pressures of our times. Not everyone can donate financially. Some of the areas we work in have communities that suffer from extreme poverty so any and all help is appreciated. If you have any relevant items in your home or business that you can donate to FARR, we would be extremely grateful.
Unfortunately we do not have the capacity to collect donated items. All items can be dropped off at the FARR Head Office in Unit 5 Amber Place, 42 Bloemhof Street, Bellville, Cape Town or at our other project sites. We do ask that you contact us prior to delivering any items.
- FARR Wishlist :FARR has a Wishlist of items that are urgently needed. Please refer to the PDF to your right for the currently urgently needed items.
- Time and Skills Donation:The FARR team works extremely hard to ensure that our mission statement and objectives are met. This means that we employ people relevant to the work we do. We try to keep our people costs down – which means that some aspects of running a Foundation are subject to resource capacity. We are looking for people to volunteer their time and skills to help FARR be an even better NGO. If you are interested in volunteering your time and skills to FARR, please contact us on email@example.com. Link to firstname.lastname@example.org needs to be added
- Learners/Student Community WorkFARR has embarked on a new and exciting venture to give learners/students an opportunity to volunteer at our organisation. As an organisation, we are aware that all learners require volunteer work as a pre-requisite to enter tertiary institutions and that students need work experience on their CVs. Come and join us! Your individual efforts to assist us will add value to the work that we are presently offering our communities that are at risk and we know you will be enriched by the experience. Contact us on email@example.com for more details.
Current Donors and Sponsors for the past 2 years:
- Department of Agriculture
- Discovery Trust
- Oppenheimer Trust
- Anglo American Chairman Trust (AAC Trust)
- Solar Capital Renewable Energy
- City of Cape Town
- Kula Foundation
- De Aar Solar Power (Pty) Ltd
- Whisky Live Festival
- Community Chest
- Impumelelo Innovations Centre
To celebrate and thank our donors and sponsors, FARR has created the Donor Spotlight page to highlight companies that are committed to helping children, families and communities affected by FASD. Please click here to find out more about the donor that is under the FARR spotlight at the moment.